Friday, October 31, 2008

I'm Maureen Rogers and I approved this message

Although it wouldn't take a genius to figure out the direction my flag waves in, I don't "do" politics on Pink Slip, other than indirectly,

But I do want to put a mention (and a link) in here to a thoughtful, well-written essay on  restoring trust in democracy, over on the Huffington Post. Too Much Fear is the work of my good friend (and "virtual niece") Sophia Carroll.

For those who decry the Gen-Y/Millenial/Echo Boomers as The Dumbest Generation, a topic I've posted on in the past, her thoughtful piece is there to dispel the notion that people in Sophia's "cohort" can't think or write.

Congratulations, Soph, for contributing in such a meaningful way to what they now call "the conversation."

(Is it too hokey to say I'm really proud of you?)

No comments: