Friday, July 03, 2015

Pink Slip takes a long weekend (Here’s to The Glorious Fourth”)

In honor of one of my favorite holidays, Pink Slip is taking the day off.

But I don’t want to leave readers bereft of my musings, so here’s a selection of past Fourth of July posts:

My maiden year as a blogger: The Glorious Fourth. (Sentiments still hold!)

The one in which I recount my request of Red Sox President Larry Lucchino – which was honored at an August 2012 Yankees game – that the Fenway Faithful be encouraged to sing the national anthem: Here’s to a Glorious Fourth.

And last year’s kind of sad one, Fourth of July (That Was Then, This Is Now), in which I wrote about not-so-celebrating the fourth in my first year as a widow. (Oh, Diggy, what a grand old coot you were!)

Glorious Fourth, and Glorious Third, to everyone, with a special shout out to a couple of friends from Texas who’ll now be able to tie the knot in their home state. I had lunch with them the other day in P’town, and they’re psyched!

No comments: